Year 1 Intake
If the school is over-subscribed pupils will be admitted according to the following criteria, applied to children of compulsory school age in the order set down.
1. Children who, at the date of their application, have a child of the family currently enrolled at the school.
2. Children for whom Carr Primary School is the nearest suitable controlled Primary School to the child’s normal place of residence.
3. In the event of a tie break situation, children will be admitted by age (eldest to youngest), then, where this is not sufficient, by alphabetical order based on the child’s surname. In the case of age and surname, these will be established using the child’s Birth Certificate.
If the school’s admission and enrolment numbers have not been reached, the school will admit all pupils of the appropriate age whose parents wish them to attend the school. These children are:
1. Those children who reach their fourth birthday between 2 July and 31 October 2018 (both dates inclusive) – to be admitted during October 2018, date to be confirmed, and prior to the end of October 2018. Children in this category who reach their fourth birthday during the Halloween holidays will be admitted immediately after the holiday period; then
2. Those children who reach their fourth birthday during the course of the school year to be admitted in the term after their fourth birthday.
3. In the event of a tie break situation, children will be admitted by alphabetical order based on the child’s surname, which will be established using the child’s Birth Certificate, then by random selection.
In the event of over-subscription in any one of the above criteria, children who live closest to the school, measured as the ‘crow flies’ from the front door of their home to the front door of the school as measured by Google Maps will be given priority.
Click here for more information.