The school itself has been in existence, in one form or another, from before Victorian Times, with the present building being built in 1931 to replace the original National School. Recent important improvements during 2005 such as; an attractive well designed outer safety wall, a fabulous new extension which includes a large P.E. hall, computer /display areas, library, P1/Reception classroom, new meal and staff kitchens and several renovations have brought the school comfortably into the modern age.
Carr in the past
OS Map from 1837 shows Carr School in the current car park.